As we head into the last month of school, there are two popular annual events to look forward to:
- Night Hike, May 9 at 6:30 pm: The Kindergarteners are hard at work studying what happens around the Overfield campus at night. They will present their research at the annual Spring Night Hike, a wonderful event for all families, where they station themselves around campus to serve as guides to nature’s night life.
- The Guitar Man Returns! May 12–16: Jim McCutcheon will arrive on Monday, May 12 with a car full of guitars, ukeleles and other stringed instruments to share with the children. In addition to spending the week working with classes, the Guitar Man will perform and lead us all in song at an Artist’s Celebration at 6 pm on Thursday, May 15.
There are a few other items to be aware of:
- School Closed May 1 and 2 for all classes: Family Conferences will take place starting the evening of April 30 and all day May 1. Classes will be closed on Thursday, May 1 and Friday, May 2 to allow us to hold conferences. We look forward to this opportunity to talk with parents about their children’s development and time at school.
- Reggio Parent Roundtable, Tuesday, April 29 after morning drop-off: This monthly discussion group was created for continued conversation between parents regarding parenting, education and life with little ones. Our Studio Artist, Elizabeth Collier, will attend to add her perspective on children and art. All are welcome to join us in the Gathering Place.
- Strawberry Festival Sign-ups: Overfield has a great opportunity to be part of Troy’s annual Strawberry Festival, a huge, fun annual event where we can raise money and let people know about our wonderful school all at once. Overfield Family Partnership is organizing a booth to sell strawberry-pretzel walking cheesecakes at the festival June 7 and 8, and we’re asking volunteers to sign up THIS WEEK. We need 50 volunteers by May 1 in order to make this booth a reality, so please sign up now. It will be a great chance to work side by side with others from the school community. Click here to volunteer for Overfield’s Strawberry Festival booth.