Monday, April 10-Friday, April 14: CLOSED for Spring Break. School resumes on Monday, April 17.
Thursday, April 20: Overfield Family Partnership (OFP) meeting, 6:30 p.m. in the Gathering Place.
Monday, April 24: Registration Opens for Summer Camp.
Wednesday, April 26 and Thursday, April 27: CLOSED for Family Conferences
Saturday, April 29: First Annual Overfield R3 Sale.
Thursday, May 4-Wednesday, May 10: Residency with The Guitar Man, Jim McCutcheon.
Friday, May 5: Spring Night Hike, 6:30 p.m. Camp out for Kindergarten families.
Thursday, May 11: Artist in Residence Celebration with Jim McCutcheon, 6:30 p.m. in the Gathering Place.
Calling All Overfield School Parents!
Our first R3 (Rummage, Repurpose, Reuse) Sale is quickly approaching, and we need volunteer assistance for this community-building fundraiser.
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Entry: $2/adult, children free
Place: The Overfield School, 172 S. Ridge Ave., Troy.
Indoor sale of parent-donated goods in the Gathering Place; booth rental space available in the playground for parents and other vendors to sell their own stuff and keep the proceeds.
Theme: An open-air household flea market, promoting sustainability and creativity! Multiple booths, food, and fun will all be a part of this day honoring reuse of materials for a great cause.
What can you do to help the school make this sale a success?
Volunteer at http://signup.com/go/SUJ5kx to be signed up in one of the following slots:
- Accept, sort, and price donated goods for sale in the Gathering Place while school is closed for conferences, on Wednesday, April 26th and/or Thursday, April 27th. We need parents to cover two hour intervals, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Be a cashier in the Gathering Place on the day of the sale, for all or part of the day.
- Be a floater during set-up time (8:00-9:00 a.m.) on the day of the sale, to help vendors and staff get ready for opening, and/or during the event itself, to make sure everything’s running smoothly.
- Be a greeter taking entry fees from customers in the Gathering Place entrance on sale day, for all or part of the day.
- Be a server assisting in the food area on sale day, for all or part of the day.
- Be a closer during tear-down time (2:00-3:00 p.m.) on the day of the sale, to assist in packing up.
- Be an artist helper: Guide the participants at one of the art stations set up by the school at the sale.
- Help with marketing: Pass out R3 flyers to churches, service organizations, and downtown businesses.
- Attract professional vendors: Ask local businesses, especially those who already sell recycled goods, to purchase a booth at the R3 sale.
- Be a vendor: If you have gently used items you would like to sell yourself, email Beth Poronsky at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your 10’x10′ booth. Cost is $20, cash or check made payable to the Overfield School. You decide on pricing for your inventory, and bring your own cash box, tent, and tables.
- Be a donor: If you have gently used items you would like to donate to the school sale, please drop them off in the Gathering Place during conferences, Wednesday, April 26th, or thursday, April 27th. Clean out your closets and garage, and feel great about the donation!
Interested? Sign up to volunteer at http://signup.com/go/SUJ5kx. To reserve a booth email Beth Poronsky at email@example.com by Monday, April 24th.
We will be having a Beautiful Stuff Collection Drive Monday, April 17-Friday, April 21. This will replenish the supplies children use for creative expression, and will help us prepare for our R3 Sale on April 29th. Bring your bottle caps, old buttons, scraps of fabric or paper, plastic lids, or any other found materials that you find interesting to the Gathering Place during this week. We are also especially in need of egg cartons, so make sure to bring those along, too! Thank you for your support!
Our 2017 Summer Camp schedule is now available to be viewed. Follow this link to read about this year’s offerings:
Registration will open Monday, April 24th at 8 a.m. You may register in the office or online. Paper flyers are also being sent home with children this week and when we return from Spring Break the week of the 17th, so check your child’s locker or school bag for your copy!
Please Note a change in schedule for the upcoming residency with the Guitar Man, Jim McCutcheon. Jim’s residency will now take place on May 4, 5, 8, 9, and 10. We will have a celebration of the children’s work with Jim on Thursday, May 11th at 6:30 p.m. in the Gathering Place. We hope to see you there!
Have a wonderful spring break, everyone!