- Eat at Chipotle THIS WEDNESDAY to earn money for Overfield’s Annual Fund: Just come into the 1934 W. Main St. Chipotle anytime from 5-8 p.m. this Wednesday, December 10. Bring in one of the flyers sent home, download a copy here to print or show on your smartphone, or tell the cashier you’re there to support Overfield, and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the school. You do not have to be an Overfield family to participate, so please spread the word to anyone you know who might enjoy eating a dinner out while supporting a good cause.
- Berries for birds and bears: You and your whole family are invited to join us for one of our evening Night Tree celebrations next week. What is Night Tree? “You go put strings out and you put berries on them,” explains an Overfield North Sider. “You want the birds and bears to eat them and all the animals that live at our school.” In addition to feeding the animals, we will read Eve Bunting’s Night Tree and sing songs together. Year after year, Night Tree is a beautiful and memorable time. Join your child’s class according to the following schedule:
Night Tree Schedule
South Side Tuesday, Dec. 16, 6:00
North Side Tuesday, Dec. 16, 7:00
All Day Tuesday, Dec. 16, 7:00
Toddlers Wednesday, Dec. 17, 5:30
Kindergarten Wednesday, Dec. 17, 6:30
Alumni Thursday, Dec. 18, 6:00-8:00
- Sing with your children: Many years ago, Carla Briggs recorded “Soulcake: Songs that Children Love” in San Francisco with her friend Paula. “Our original intention in making this recording years ago, was to inspire parents to sing to their children,” they wrote. Carla has just received a shipment of Soulcake cds, and we are offering them for sale for $15, with a portion of the proceeds going to support Overfield. Reserve your copy by contacting Stephany in the office or by using the order form sent home. Orders with payment can be left in the office communications basket and cds will then be sent home in children’s bags. Alternatively, stop by the Gathering Place this week during drop off to pick up your copy.
- Overfield Gear for Sale: In response to popular demand, we are also offering t-shirts and hoodies with the Overfield logo. Order forms are being sent home with children. The form can also be downloaded and printed here. Orders placed by Friday, December 12 will be available for pick up Wednesday, December 17.
- Winter Break: School will be closed for winter break from December 22–January 5. The office will also be closed during this time. The office will re-open January 5 while teachers return for a professional development day. Classes resume January 6.