- Artist Kate Kern arrives Monday and has sent a message and the above artwork to share:
- “Dear Overfield Families and Staff, I’m very excited to be joining you on Monday for the start of our two week Ohio Art Council visual arts residency. Spring is my favorite season. I look forward to working with you as we make art together inspired by the new growth and energy that surrounds us at this time of year. This image is a detail from one of my larger drawings. It uses black and white instead of lots of color. I was inspired by small plants and animals that live underwater. I like thinking about and looking at living things that live in and on water. See you soon!”
Family participation is a big part of what makes this residency possible. Thank you to families for providing lunches during the next two weeks, and thanks to Family Partnership for supporting the residency financially! The students’ work with Kate will be shared at a celebration open to all families on April 25 at 6 p.m.
- Class Meetings and Family Partnership Meeting, April 17 at 6:30 pm: Following this Thursday’s OFP meeting, we invite you to stay for a Class Meeting with your child’s teachers and other parents in your child’s classroom. Together we will look at and reflect on documentation that shows students’ collaborative work this year. This will be a great opportunity to think about what your children are learning by visiting and studying special places.
- Kindergarten Information Meeting, April 27 at 2:00 pm: A panel of past parents will talk about their children’s Kindergarten experiences at Overfield and how their children transitioned to first grade. If you are considering where to send your child for Kindergarten next year, we hope you will attend to get these parents’ perspectives. We will also host an Open House that afternoon from 2-4 for prospective students of all ages.
- Reggio Parent Roundtable, April 29 after morning drop-off: This monthly discussion group was created for continued conversation between parents regarding parenting, education and life with little ones. Our Studio Artist, Elizabeth Collier, will attend to add her perspective on children and art. All are welcome to join us in the Gathering Place
- Camp Registration: We had a great response to our latest summer camp offerings as registration began this week. Openings are still available all weeks for children ages 3-10, but camps are filling fast! Register soon by visiting the office or by downloading our printable registration form.
- Volunteer Sign-ups: We have several volunteer opportunities this spring for families to share their time and talents to support our school. Sign-up sheets will be available in the Gathering Place starting next week.