We look forward to welcoming all students back from Spring Break on Wednesday. There are a few dates to be aware of in the coming days and weeks:
- Camp registration begins this Wednesday, April 7. Come to the Gathering Place during drop-off to sign up. Additional details are available on the summer camp section of our website.
- Toddler class will be closed this Friday, April 11 for conference preparation. All other classes will be open.
- Artist-in-Residence Kate Kern will visit Overfield April 14-25. We will welcome Kate for a two-week residency sponsored by the Ohio Arts Council. Kate will work with all students and faculty to create collaborative art inspired by our study of place. The students’ work will be shared at a celebration on April 25 at 6 p.m. Kate has asked that we gather some materials to use during our work. If you have any of the following on hand that you would be willing to donate for general use, please bring to school: paper egg cartons, yogurt containers (16 oz size), artificial flowers (these will be taken apart and used in pieces), small decorative items such as sequins, beads, shells, shell fragments, buttons, etc. Thank you!
- Overfield Family Partnership Meeting and Class Meetings on April 17: As we did in the fall, we will combine this month’s OFP meeting with class meetings designed to give you an opportunity to meet with teachers and parents to discuss student work. Our focus at the April 17 meeting will be on this year’s study of place, and the unique work of each class in response to their respective places this year. Please join us on April 17 at 6:30 p.m.
- Spring Open House on April 27: We will host a spring open house for prospective families on April 27 from 2–4 p.m. Please spread the word about our wonderful school!
- Reggio Parent Roundtable on April 29: This monthly discussion group, created for continued conversation between parents regarding parenting, education and life with little ones, will next meet Tuesday, April 29 in the Gathering Place. Our Studio Artist, Elizabeth Collier, will attend to add her perspective on children and art. All are welcome!
- Conferences on April 30, May 1: Teachers will meet with parents for conferences the evening of April 30 and again during the day and evening of May 1. Sign-up sheets will be available during drop-off times beginning later this week.