- Ice Cream Social: Please join us tonight for our annual Ice Cream Social and this year’s Gathering Place Unveiling tonight, Thursday, September 3rd from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. on the playground.
- New Part-Time Kindergarten Teacher: We are happy to announce that Matt Helke has accepted the offer to be our new part-time kindergarten teacher! He will co-teach with Laura Daehnke in the mornings. Laura will continue to teach all day in Kindergarten. Matt’s children both attended Overfield so he is well-versed in our educational philosophy.
- Matt coaches baseball for the Troy Jr. High School baseball team and has been a substitute teacher for the last seven years. He has worked as an advocate for children’s safety as an investigator with Miami County Children’s Services and most recently was the managing partner in Prestige Group, Ltd., a permanent placement recruiting firm. All of Matt’s experiences have a common thread of teaching and training.
- Matt’s first official day in the classroom will be September 8th. However, you may spot him around campus and at the Ice Cream Social as he settles into his new role. If you see Matt, please welcome him to our Overfield community!
- Carla Brogden in After Care: Another past Overfield parent has joined our Staff. Carla Brogden’s daughter attended Overfield. Carla is a woman of many talents and interests, including spending time with her horse, and she is thrilled to be returning to Overfield. She will be in After Care everyday and will also be with us for Lunch Bunch on Mondays and Fridays.
- Asteroid Alex (a.k.a Alex Hamilton) and Kindergarten: Alex Hamilton will be working with our afternoon kindergartners each Friday afternoon. The children lovingly refer to Alex as Asteroid Alex, his nature name from years of work at the Miami County Parks. Be ready for hikes, tree studies and frog hunting.
- Before and After Care: We’ve made some changes to our Before and After Care this year. The location has been moved to the studio, where the children will have many supplies to choose from and will have central access to classrooms, the patio, and bathrooms. You can enter the space directly by parking in the front circle and walking along the sidewalk around the left (south) side of the building to the glass door closest to the playground. Stephany Deeter, our warm and caring Administrative Assistant will be there to greet the children and help them have a good start to their day.
- There are also some slight changes to the schedule, as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m.-8:30 a.m.;11:15 p.m.-12:15 p.m.; 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m.-8:30 a.m.; 11:15 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Please note that lunchtime care runs from 11:15-12:15 Monday through Thursday, rather than until 1:00. This change was made based on lack of advance sign up for this time. On Fridays, After Care is available all afternoon, from 11:15-6 p.m. This is a great option if you’d like some extra time for yourself for appointments and errands, or if you’d like your child to have extra time on campus for exploration and creativity. Carla Brogden will be with the children to offer fun and enriching experiences. Contact the office by phone or email if you would like to reserve space in Before or After Care.