- NIGHT TREE! The week your children have been working so diligently to prepare for is here. Come see what they’ve created as they’ve learned about local animals and how they prepare for winter. We’ll hang treats outside for the animals, read Eve Bunting’s Night Tree, sing songs and eat some of our own treats. Year after year, Night Tree is a beautiful and memorable time. Join your child’s class according to the following schedule:
Night Tree Schedule
South Side Tuesday, Dec. 16, 6:00
North Side Tuesday, Dec. 16, 7:00
All Day Tuesday, Dec. 16, 7:00
Toddlers Wednesday, Dec. 17, 5:30
Kindergarten Wednesday, Dec. 17, 6:30
Alumni Thursday, Dec. 18, 6:00-8:00
- Over $800 earned for Overfield’s Annual Fund! Thanks to all who ate out at Troy’s Chipotle last Wednesday. You helped earn $836 for Overfield’s Annual Fund in a single evening. As an independent school, Overfield operates without financial support from tax dollars or government agencies. This independence allows us to design our own curriculum and provide the one-of-a-kind education that you value. Our independent status also means we rely on fundraising and donations to the Annual Fund each year to meet the operating and capital expenses that tuition alone does not cover. Thank you for your participation in last week’s fundraiser!
- In Case of Inclement Weather: Occasionally during the winter, extreme weather conditions may prompt us to close school. In such cases, Overfield families will be notified by phone using One Call Now, an automated calling system. Closing information can also be found by watching the local news on Channel 7.
- Winter Break: School will be closed for winter break from December 22–January 5. The office will also be closed during this time. The office will re-open January 5 while teachers return for a professional development day. Classes resume January 6.
- Sing with your children: Many years ago, Carla Briggs recorded “Soulcake: Songs that Children Love” in San Francisco with her friend Paula. “Our original intention in making this recording years ago, was to inspire parents to sing to their children,” they wrote. Carla has just received a shipment of Soulcake cds, and we are offering them for sale for $15, with a portion of the proceeds going to support Overfield. Reserve your copy by contacting Stephany in the office or by using the order form sent home. Orders with payment can be left in the office communications basket and cds will then be sent home in children’s bags.