Overfield is a school where joy, wonder, and imagination foster life-long learning in preschool-aged children. The Reggio Emilia philosophy inspires our school’s mission to support self-discovery and creativity through a child-centered, responsive curriculum. A beautiful campus, committed teachers, and a supportive learning community make Overfield a place where children bloom.
2nd/3rd Grade Teacher
The Overfield School is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, imaginative teacher for a combined 2nd/3rd grade classroom for the 2022-23 school year. The successful applicant will be well-versed in best practices for teaching early elementary students, and passionate about team-teaching utilizing the inspiration of the Reggio Emilia philosophy. The ideal candidate would have:
- Familiarity with the Reggio Emilia philosophy of education
- Experience teaching early elementary students using a project-based approach
- Interest in the arts and nature, and willingness to use these as an integrated part of the curriculum
- An image of children as strong, capable, and deserving of having a central voice in their own learning
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment, cooperating with co-teachers, including studio artist and naturalist
- Facility with adapting the general curriculum to meet the needs of the group as well as supporting individual children, with concern for the children’s interests, special talents, challenges, and pace of learning
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field is required. Current Ohio teaching license is preferred.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: